How Do You Know If You Have Mold?
Mold can quickly grow with only a slight rise in humidity. Many homeowners find themselves struggling to combat the smells and odors mold produces on an ongoing basis. This will never win the battle against mold. The spores can remain dormant for extended periods of time; mold is a tough enemy to conquer.
Another reason mold is so difficult to eliminate is because the spores are so tiny, they can become airborne, and then settle almost anywhere. They are carried by air currents, insects, and even on your pet's fur. In Wyoming, mold damage can take place in any home or office. The effects can range from discoloration of walls and ceilings, ruining of books and papers, (including important documents, items printed on low-acid paper, and photographs), and causing carpets and other textiles to smell musty.
Understanding Mold is the First Step in Eliminating It
Mold is not a virus or bacteria, but it is still a pathogen that can cause adverse health effects. This is because it can be breathed in, encounter your skin through different ways, such as wearing clothing that contains mold, or from sitting on upholstered furniture that is saturated with mold. Mold is not only what you can see visibly, but also the spores that are released into the air. This is what can cause the musty odor many people associate with mold growth.
If any spores are left behind after cleaning, it is only a matter of time before it will begin to grow and spread through your home or business again. Not only must any excess humidity be removed, and things aired out, all possible areas that may contain spores need to be professionally cleaned. SERVPRO professionals are technicians and specialized cleaning crews who have had extensive training in the clean-up and elimination of mold and its spores. Having IICRC training and certification prepares us for heavy mold infestations that can ruin many of your belongings.